Monday, September 15, 2008

Style

I like to write on paper the most primarily because it was the first writing technology I was introduced to. As a child I would write in my diaries, that later turned to journal’s, usually with a pen. Watching the wet ink dry behind my turning thought’s inspired me to continue on. It is a hobby I have been infatuated with for much of my life. Last year I bought my first computer with money my grandmother left me after she died and I tried to familiarize myself with the tool so as to write down my thought’s and save some trees. Try as I may I can’t find myself able to completely abandon the bound pages beneath a leather journals smooth cover. The texture of the art is part of the cycle itself. It seems strange to forget how it began. It isn’t that I avoid the computer rather I use both these tools equally in practicing a pastime. Right now I find myself to have stumbled first upon the keyboard to compose this blog entry. When time is in a pinch and things need to be done in a timeframe I find myself using this particular tool and not bothering with the pen and paper at all. I find that having a variety of technologies to use in composing a piece of literature is an advantage, for expression is a reflection of all surrounding components.

2 comments:

Steven D. Krause said...

It's interesting that you used to keep a diary, but now you keep a journal. So, what's the difference?

elizie2828 said...

A diary was like "I went to the store today and I had fun"

A journal is like "My emotional content is broken and fragile"